How can I find out which textbooks are required for my class?
First, check your online schedule and write down the course numbers and sections you are enrolled in.
Then, use the APU Bookstore website to find the booklists for each of your courses:
- Click "Buy Textbooks," and agree to the terms of service.
- Choose the term (note that there are separate terms for each regional center, as well as for online courses).
- Choose the department, course number, and section for each of your classes.
- If the instructor has submitted a booklist, you will see the publication information and purchasing options for each of the titles.
We know textbooks can be expensive. Unfortunately, due to budget constraints, the APU Libraries are not generally able to purchase copies of required textbooks. Here are some suggestions:
- Take advantage of the APU Bookstore's new rental and ebook purchasing options, which can be cheaper than purchasing a print copy.
- Shop around! Use the ISBN of your textbooks to comparison-shop online, then bring the best offer to the APU Bookstore. The Bookstore now offers price matching, which means you can get textbooks for low prices without waiting for shipping.
- You may be able to borrow copies of your textbooks through LINK+ (keep in mind that the checkout period for LINK+ books is 21 days, with one 21-day renewal; this is generally not long enough for most required textbooks).
- Sometimes your professor may have an extra copy of the textbook that can be placed on reserve for short-term checkout by the students in your class. It never hurts to ask! If your professor is interested in placing a book on reserve, he or she can fill out our online reserve request form, and the book will be ready for checkout within 72 hours.