Answered By: Dave Harmeyer
Last Updated: Jul 19, 2022     Views: 5

Yes. The Faculty Research Council (FRC) awards publication assistance grants to APU faculty. The maximum amount you can request is $3,000.

You can apply for an FRC publication assistance grant if your article is accepted. See pages 5 and 21 in the attached pdf for publication assistance grants information. Please submit your grant request to

Policy. Application Procedures for Faculty Research Council UG/Masters Grants (Last Updated: September 2021)

[page 5]
3.0 - Publication Assistance Grants
The purpose of this type of grant is to fund faculty publications that require a subvention or permissions as a part of the publication process. Before the author may apply for the grant, applicants must have either a signed contract or a formal letter of acceptance from the publisher. The maximum award is $3,000.

Publications in any language or academic discipline, including a variety of formats (books, articles, sound recordings, DVDs, web-based publications, music scores, music criticism, and other artistic works), will be considered. The work must be published with a scholarly publisher who requires a peer-review process for publication (in accordance with the discipline; a blinded review process is not required). The author may not be the publisher, producer, agent, or an employee of the publishing agency. The subvention must be required by the publisher and must not be author suggested. Applications for publication assistance grants can be submitted to the FRC throughout the year, not only when the general call for undergraduate/master’s proposals is made.

For more information contact:

Yvonne Rodriguez, Administrative Assistant,
Office of Research & Grants
(626) 815-2082